I guess I should address the obvious: my blog's new outfit. It's all part of my Summer Wardrobe Initiative. I am attempting to expand my wardrobe, for the first time in my life, beyond black/grey. Not that there's owt wrong with black/grey. There are strict criteria that anything being considered for my Summer Wardrobe has to meet:
1. I must decide to buy it, but then put it back on two separate occasions before I am allowed to properly buy it.
2. Baby steps, people. When I say expanding beyond black/grey, I mean I'm looking for predominantly black/grey clothes, with a hint of other colours in them.
3. Hell will freeze over before I buy skinny jeans.
So far, the Summer Collection consists of a white and green scarf, and... well, yes. That's it. It's a very new initiative.
So yeah, a lot's happened in a month. I suppose bullet pointing it is the best option:
- Myself and the brother were ambushed in the library by a strange, bespectacled (awesome word win!) man, who saw that I was trying to revise in peace, so naturally sat down at our table and proceeded to tell me the history of the universe. No, literally. He told me the history of the universe. For two hours. I kid you not. A small snippet (awesome wo- okay, I'll stop) of the conversation with him:
Me: Don't feel obliged to break the Official Secrets Act!
Man: Ah, I don't give a monkey's. *Leans forward, lowers his voice* I spotted a mistake in Einstein's Theory of Relativity.
Suffice it to say I'm never going to the library again.
- Went to Scotland! Easter weekend was spent somewhere near Dundee, and was lovely, mainly because we took my grandma too, and she's adorable. And Scotland's not too shabby when the sun comes out, which it did, thank God. It's nice to just sit and do nothing with the family, after nine weeks of stress and the promise of three weeks, then four more years of stress ahead. Woo.
- Not too shabby has been my new favourite phrase for about a week, and they said it on Doctor Who today!
- Doctor Who! Is AWESOME. Or at least, Matt Smith is an awesome actor, I was genuinely impressed, even though I was rooting for him before he even started, because he got so much stick when people found out he was the next Doctor. He's wicked. Though today's episode wasn't as good as the last two...I hope they keep up the great-ness. He deserves well written scripts- today's was...well, a bit shabby. What a word. I do love using it. *says out loud for effect*
- Last week was spent with Aunty Em, Hasan and Baby bear, who came down for the week! Revision fail, but an awesomeness win. Activities included being puked on by Baby bear, who decided to upchuck on my cardigan, then my mattress, destroying, no, obliterating both; learning more about Hasan's toilet habits than I ever cared to know; very VERY late night conversations with Aunty Em about nothing in particular; a Chocolate Sundae at Charlotte's Ice Cream Parlour- heaven on earth; and a disaster of a family meal at Pizza Hut which resulted in 3 babies screaming the place down. I got my cookie dough though, so not so much of a disaster.
All in all though, loving the Easter holidays :D Let's just hope the revision I've done so far doesn't decide to leak out my ears. It's happened before ¬_¬
I'll leave you with that delightful imagery.
Roger, over and out.