- Sunday- Arrived fairly depressed at having to miss Eidness, and was left by family at about 1:00pm, so made the daunting walk to Beaumont hall where all the medics were made to 'mingle' til half 5. So I talked to people *shock horror* and went between different circles and generally was sociable. And Sarah discovered that I was coming to Leicester (as she wasnt' aware of this), so this was a good moment. Sunday night involved going to a Shisha place (no, I didn't, I don't and I never will) where I had chocolate milkshake and was talked to by very nice people in the older years. And just as I was going to get a taxi back to halls, some 4th/3rd/2nd years told me and another girl to come for a meal with them. Which was lovely :) Warm and fuzziness.
- Monday- I think the shock of moving away set in, because I couldn't find Sarah, and was talking to people but nobody in particular was sticking around. So, whilst wondering around the medic fresher's fair alone, I found myself welling up at very awkward moments and without any control whatsoever. Not good. Monday night, I discovered Sarah again and we decided to skip the pub (I know, but I can't party EVERY day) and watch the Tale of Despereaux in my room, whilst drinking hot chocolate. This was good, except for the film, which turned out to be shit. Let's just say the plot involves soup and a murdering troll-woman. Avoid.
- Tuesday- Highlight of the day- the last lecture, which we were told would be an actual subject lecture on Emergency Medicine. The lecturer was an absolute dragon, who refused to take questions and used complete jargon whilst flicking through the slides at 70mph. A guy who tried to answer a question was told his answer was stupid, whilst a girl whose phone rang was told to get out and not come back. Just as we were all wondering how to texplain failing this exam at the end of the year, the last slide came up, saying '100% of this lecture was true, but 0% is relevant to first year medics on their second day at medical school'. They got us good :) Apparently it's a yearly tradition, and all the older year medics were sat in the lecture theatre next door, watching us on camera and pissing themselves. Nice.
- Wednesday- A day of groupwork, and then at night we went to a comedy club thing,and 4 standup comedians performed there. T'was very funny indeed, and much fun.
- Thursday- More groupwork on a project about Leicester, and then me and another girl went and got Pizza Hut (but I had to sadly break into my emergency supply of pepsi cans, so I'm down to only one now :| Must replenish stocks). In the evening, there was a film night for the non drinkers, where we watched Angels and Demons (I voted Blood Diamon, but we lost by one voter, dammit). I have discovered that Angels and Demons is even more shit the second time. Woo. Oh! And we visited the dissection room in the afternoon! Saw a cadaver, and were told all about the learning of anatomy. The demonstrator opened (?) the chest so we saw how the lungs, heart and liver all sit in relation to each other. I wasn't queasy, but if anything, it was a little depressing to think that this was a person :( Not something I think I'll get used to.
- And that leads us to now! Friday morning. Coming home tomorrow, wooness! It's sunny outside, hence my cheery mood, and me and Sarah walked through Victoria Park to get here, which is reeeeally lovely. Picnics would be great, and are in the pipeline. So yeah. The proper course starts on Monday, which I'm a little nervous about, but what the hell. Here now. I WILL make it work, lol. And from this weekend I'll actually have internet in my room too, so that's one good thing.