And Archie wondered into my room today, mooching around the house as ever. Tried to jump up onto my bed, I removed him, he wondered back out and fell asleep on the landing. I'm going to miss that too. Why the hell did the universe allow me to finally get a kitten one year before I had to leave home?! I'm going to have to smuggle him with me. And the pictures an old one, but it's one of my favourites, because he looks so guilty :)
Okay, so I'll try to be less prematurely-homesick and more excited, gimme a sec *clears throat, pulls self together*
Hey everyone! UNI in 4 daayyyyys! OMG soooooo excited!
No, I can't do it, sorry. By the way, the use of the word 'Hun' pisses me off. Why do girls call other girls this? Aside from the fact it's patronising and reminiscent of the WW2 term for the Nazis, as a shortened form of 'Honey' it just sounds so...disgusting. Urgh. 'Honey' is actually preferable, and that's a big thing for me to say. Why must girls insist on calling other girls darling/honey/sweetheart/love anyway? She's not your child!
*Rant over. Well, not in my head, but I'll stop venting*
Iftari (the time when we break the fast) was set to be a quiet affair today- just me and my mum. So she invited two of her friends over, which normally intimidates me but they're very nice friends, so all was good. They also brought their children- two boys aged 2-5 and a 3 month old baby. Suffice it to say our house became a nursery. With the average decibel equivalent of a small aeroplane. Maintained for several hours. In this time:
- An attempt was made to eat a small and fluffy Nemo cuddly toy
- A fly swatter was used as a makeshift sword, and everybody in the house subsequently 'killed'.
- A spiderman mask was donned, with the toddler wearing it transformed into a webbed superhero.
- A state of the art new television was smeared with at least three types of household food items.
- Lemon-scented cleaning wipes were somehow obtained, and used to 'clean' everything, including the toddler-in-question's shoes and mouth, in that order.
- A dressing-up king's crown was found, and worn, with an incredible amount of pride, for the rest of the evening.
- A substantial amount of strawberry yoghurt was propelled across the kitchen, after the perpetrator tried to blow a raspberry through a mouthful of petit filous.
- A small toy motorbike ended up in the jug of water on the dinner table.
Chaos. It was great, though. I made friends with the baby, even managed to get him to tear his gaze from the ceiling for about 3 seconds, to look at me :D He was delectable. Can you call a baby delectable? He was, anyway. Like a little bear *goes all warm and fuzzy*.
Aherm. So yes. I haven't packed yet. Is that bad..? I think it is... I'll do it tomorrow. *Thumbs up*
Over and out (I don't care, Emad! I like that phrase!)